Rittenhouse Book Distributors Inc. provides retailers, libraries and other businesses with print and electronic books in the fields of medicine, nursing and allied health from the leading health sciences publishers.
Connecting our partners with the information, services and expertise, critical to their success, is what Rittenhouse strives to do every day. The R2 Digital Library, Rittenhouse’s market-leading eBook platform, provides institutional partners with access to thousands of essential and specialized titles in an intuitive interface optimized for use in health sciences. This innovative platform, along with print materials, enables partners to access information any way they wish.
Rittenhouse Book Distributors Inc. was founded by in 1946 as a retail medical bookstore in the Rittenhouse Square area of Philadelphia. The original goal was to provide institutions and physicians in the Philadelphia area a place to purchase medical books locally. Since then, Rittenhouse has evolved into an established wholesaler, distributing print and electronic resources globally. Today, Rittenhouse Book Distributors, Inc. is a privately held firm headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania and is an EEO/AAP employer.
Mission and Core Values
- Rittenhouse strives to be the leading distributor of scientific, technical, and medical content to the retail and institutional markets
- We provide products and services that add value and help our customers to succeed in their business
- We continue to grow through innovation and collaboration with our partners and each other
- Team Rittenhouse is engaged, customer-focused, and results oriented
- We are accountable to our business partners and each other for our actions and responsibilities
- We value honesty and integrity in all that we do
- We encourage open collaboration and communication with each other and our partners
- Through continuing investment in innovation, we ensure the long term growth for our partners and our company